6 Nigerian Artistes Who Are Way Overdue For A (New) Album
“So, over the weekend, I got into this discussion on artistes who are way over due to have released an album. Now, I am not saying its a must, but come on now guys, can one keep living on a single forever. (Yes, I see one or two years of no album but single as forever in music industry).”
Now, some artistes have successfully maintained and kept their names permanently sealed on people’s lips and hearts with just singles. They have for years now, stayed atop their game, going year after year without releasing their highly anticipated album sparking several social media debates, one on one angry speeches, interviews and what not
Today, we will be discussing top artistes who have yet to release their albums….and oh yes, y’all are allowed to get angry on here and let us know which artistes we overlooked.
1. Davido: There is no doubt he will top Charts should he drop his album today, lets face it, he is the hottest now. The work on his first album ‘Omo babaolowo’ started in 2011 but was not released until 2012. 2013,Davido began work on his second album releasing hit singles from ‘Gobe’ to ‘Skelewu’ to Fans mi’ featuring Meek Mill, but still yet no album. 2015, he announced that he will be releasing the album, but ended up not releasing it. In 2016, he got all hopes up for his highly anticipated album when he was officially signed unto Sony Music Global but again announced that he is not certain he will be releasing the said album this year, dashing all our hopes once more, but mending it with his usual fall back plan of hit singles like ‘Money,’ ‘ Dodo’, amongst others.
2. D’banj: His last album, The Entertainer was in 2008, while compilation album was in 2013, but since splitting from Mo’Hits records, which he co-owned with Now Mavin Boss, Don Jazzy, D’banj is yet to put out another album. He has gone on to release singles like’ Frosh, Oliver Twist and most recently, Emergency, yet no album.
3. Ketchup: He broke into limelight back in 2012 with hit track, ‘Show Me Your Rozay’ which had a remix featuring Olamide and Phyno. He went on to drop more singles, ‘cocobanana featuring Banky W, Pam Pam, Baby Paulina featuring Uhuru, but still no album. Its been 4 years Ketchup, don’t you think its about time?
4. Patoranking; He personally won my heart with Girlie O, then proceeded to make a remix with THE QUEEN Tiwa Savage, once again, wining me over. He then announced he will be dropping an album GOE (God Over Everything) which he tags in all his posts but we are yet to see the said album. Its been 2 years since announcing the album title, same 2 years without an album.He has gone ahead to release hit singles from ‘Alubarika’ to ‘My Woman My Everything’ among others. Buzz is gradually getting cold, its about time Patoranking!!
5. Harrysong: Yes, your ‘Raggae Blues’ was a mega hit, but its about to drop an album. I expected that he should have followed up with an album right after ‘Raggae Blues’ but obviously I was wrong. Stop basking in the euphoria of ‘Raggae Blues’ and drop a new album. You said it yourself., after the raggae comes the blues….oya ooo, we are awaiting.
6. Shaydee: Yes, this is one young man I feel has an enormous amount of talent and needs to share with the world. Since Shaydee, got signed to EME records in 2012, the talented artiste is yet to put out an album under this label save for a few hit singles like, ‘High, won gbo mi and a few others. Its 2016 Shaydee, drop the album already!
Written By Tope Delano