The Government of Flanders launches a new scholarship program, Master Mind Scholarships that aims to promote the internationalization of the Flemish Higher Education. It awards 30-40 scholarships to outstanding Master students from all countries.
- KU Leuven / University of Leuven
- University of Antwerp
- Ghent University
- Hasselt University
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel
University colleges (Arts and Nautical Sciences)
- Antwerp Maritime Academy
- Artesis Plantijn University College Antwerp
- Erasmus University College Brussels
- Karel de Grote University College
- LUCA School of Arts
- PXL University College
- University College Ghent
Level/Field of study:
Eligible Masters Degree Programmes offered at participating Flemish Institutions
Number of Awards:
International students from all countries. There are a number of scholarships reserved for students from certain countries: Japan (3), Mexico (3), Palestine (2), USA (5).
The incoming student is awarded a scholarship of maximum €8,000 per academic year. The Flemish Host Institution can ask the applicant for a tuition fee of maximum €11o.8 per year.
The duration of mobility is one academic year for a Master programme of 60 ECTS and two academic years for a master programme of 120 ECTS.
• The applicant applies to take up a Master degree programme at a higher education institution in Flanders (hereafter ‘Flemish host institution’).
• The applicant should have a high standard of academic performance and/or potential. He/she meets all academic entrance criteria, including relevant language requirements, for entering the Master programme in question offered by the Flemish host institution.
• All nationalities can apply. The previous degree obtained should be from a higher education institution located outside Flanders.
• Students who are already enrolled in a Flemish higher education institution cannot apply.
Students cannot apply directly. The application needs to be submitted online by the Flemish host institution. Deadline of applications varies but is 30 April 2019. You must check the internal deadlines set by the Flemish Host Institution, which is earlier (1 February-22 March 2019).
It is important to read the 2019-2020 Master Mind Scholarship Guidelines and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.