The SOAS International Postgraduate Excellence Scholarship
Brief Soas Scholarship Description:
The application is open for 2019
SOAS International Postgraduate Excellence Scholarship. The SOAS International Postgraduate Excellence Scholarship is designed to award new postgraduate students starting in September 2019 with a first-class academic performance. This scholarship is open for international students from the countries listed below.
Type and value of the award
A fee reduction of £3,000 towards tuition fees
SOAS Application Deadline: 28 February 2019
Number of awards available
There are a limited number of scholarships available, these are listed against the country in the table below:
Canada, China, Ethiopia, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Nigeria, Norway, Pakistan, South Africa, Russia, USA, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey
Eligibility and award criteria
- Have a UK first-class honours degree (1st) or the international equivalent, (You are also required to have met the intended programme entry criteria, this may include a specific subject, i.e. Economics, Law etc before starting the programme in September 2019.
- A 250-word supporting statement with your Masters' programme application.
- Be a national from the countries listed below
- Be classified as overseas for fee purposes
- Be self-financing
- Have accepted an offer to study an eligible Masters campus taught programme at SOAS University of London, (please note Distance Learning or Online programmes are ineligible for this award).
- If you have applied for another scholarship or award to study at SOAS, the higher amount will be awarded.
How to apply for the SOAS International Postgraduate Excellence Scholarship?
There is no separate application required. Applicants should apply for the programme in the usual way and upload a 250-word supporting statement as part of the application for the Masters' programme in the “scholarships section”. (This is in addition to the normal 1,000 words supporting statement required for the master’s programme application).
Applications are shortlisted by a Selection Committee of at least three members.
Scholarship Award Notification
Successful candidates will be notified by 31 March 2019. (The offer will outline the conditions required to be met).
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7074 4700