“The first date is usually the first step taken by couples to get to know each other. No one wants to waste time with someone he/she cannot build something with, so it is best to get a few important questions out-of-the-way.”
These 8 questions below will tell you what you need to know about the person you are hanging out with, but not so deep that the person feels interviewed.
1. Are you single?: Never a$$ume a person is single simply because they took time out to go on a date with you. While, you might not always get a truthful answer, this question still needs to be asked and the response will determine where you go from there.
2. What do you do?: Getting to know someone also means getting to know what they do for a living. This does not mean you are fishing to find out how much they make or their social status, it just gives you more insight on their pa$$ion and their dreams.
3. What is your ideal partner?: If asked lightheartedly, this question could tell you a lot about your date. Telling you what he/she wants in a partner lets you know the kind of person they are and what they value in a relationship. Also, if it seems like you do not fit the bill, then you know not to waste your time.
4. What do you think about marriage?:Not everyone is into settling down for the long haul and in our society, a lot ofpeople get married just because they are expected to. But having this question asked and honestly answered will let you know where your date stands.
5. Do you have/want children?: Just like marriage, it is unusual to have a Nigerian man or woman admit to not wanting kids. But this is another question that needs to be asked. Also, it will be best for you to know if you are dating a single parent earlier than later as it gives you a better idea on what your relationship will be like.
6. What do you do for fun?: What a person spends his/her free time on can help you determine if you want to be with them. Do they spend all their time at bars, do they like quiet time at home? If you choose to go further with them, you should know that you will be expected to share some of their fun time ideas with them, so make sure this is okay with you.
7. Where did you grow up?: While answering this question, your date will give you tit-bits on their childhood and what life was like, growing up for them. You cannot truly have a good idea about what a person is like if you do not know where they come from.
8. What do you want to do with your life?: This question gives your date an opportunity to open up on what he/she truly holds dear. You can find out his/her ideal career goals, family goals, dreams and ambition. It is very important as this helps you decide if your goals are in line with each other.