Publisher Theme
Art is not a luxury, but a necessity.

10 Wedding guests in Imo state die from generator fume

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

There was a tragedy in Imo State on Monday as no fewer than ten traditional wedding guests died of fume from a generator and twenty others hospitalised.

10 Wedding guests in Imo state die from generator fume

The incident happened at Umuomumu Mbieri in the Mbaitoli Local Government Area of the state.

A community source told Punch that the wedding guests from Anambra State decided to pass the night at their in-law’s house after the ceremony.

It was the fume from the generator which ran through the night until morning that killed them, a Punch correspondent was told.

The State Commissioner of Police, Rabiu Ladodo, who confirmed the development to a Punch correspondent said, “the generator was on in the kitchen while the doors and widows of the rooms the guests slept were locked.”

“It is a case of sudden and natural death but we have commenced an investigation. Assistance is being rendered to the survivors.”

The victims and survivors were taken to Ikeduru General Hospital.

(Ladun Liadi)

Comments
Loading...

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More