Couple get Burnt Alive in Agege House fire

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Fire-trucksTwo lives were cut short in the early hours of Saturday, as a young couple was burnt to death in their apartment, NAN reports.

The victims, Ayo and Jumoke, were said to have died in the fire which razed their apartment at 34, Associate Crescent, Abimbola Awoniyi Estate, New Oko-Oba area of Agege.

Mr Rasak Fadipe, the Director of Lagos State Fire Service, confirmed the incident.

Fadipe said that the incident, which happened at about 12:03 a.m., was caused by a power surge.

“When we got to the scene, we were able to break into the apartment but unfortunately, we met the couple dead behind the door. They were trying to escape when the fire broke out.

“Although we appreciate the security measures put in place by people in their homes or business centres, they should, however, be mindful of their safety,” he said.

Fadipe said that policemen from the Abattoir Police Division later came, removed the corpses and deposited them at an undisclosed mortuary.

You might also like

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More