Publisher Theme
Art is not a luxury, but a necessity.

Imo state: Generator fumes wipe out family of three

Tragedy struck at a community in Imo State in the early hours of Monday as generator fumes wipe out a family of three.

The tragedy occurred at Umuoparaemeka village, Ugiri in Isiala Mbano Local Government Area of Imo State.

The community has been thrown into mourning early Monday morning as the husband, Lucius Iwunze, his wife Ngozi and their daughter Geraldine all died from inhaling generator fumes.

Village sources said a member of the extended family visited in the morning and noticed that the doors were still locked from inside.

He was said to have knocked severally without any response, a development that heightened his anxiety, thereby attracting the neighbours, who forced the door open.

Spokesperson of the Imo State Police Command, Orlando Ikokwu confirmed the development, saying that the police had begun investigation into the matter, adding that the Divisional Police Officer in the area led his men to the scene and found the lifeless bodies of the victims.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

You might also like

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

// // //