The 32-year-old woman, Ajoke Kazeem, whose two-year-old daughter, Rahseedat, died in a fire inferno caused by petroleum products stored in the compound they lived in Ibafo area of Ogun State, has not recovered from the shock of losing her baby and is reported to have run amock.
The woman, according to her husband, Yekini Kazeem, started to display signs of insanity when she heard the news of her daughter’s death and could not absorb the shock of losing her daughter.
Yekini Kazeem narrated what his wife has been going through:
“Since the incident, my wife has been behaving strangely. She is still at the hospital where we are taking care of her. My daughter was inside the room sleeping waiting for someone who will come to p!ck her to school when the ugly incident occurred.
All my belongings in the house, money and other vital documents were not spared in the inferno.
My wife always leaves very early in the morning to her office on the Lagos Island. She would bathe and dress little Rasheedat and place her on the bed to sleep.
When her teacher is going to school in the morning, she would come to our house and take her to school.
On the fateful day, my wife and I had left home very early to our different destinations. I was in my office when I received a phone call from our neighbour about the fire incident. I asked the person about my daughter but he qu!ckly put off his phone.
When my wife came in the evening, she saw people gathered in the neighbourhood to discuss the incident. That was how she rushed home only for her to be told by some elders in the community that her daughter had died in the fire
What pains me most about the death of my daughter was that it took my wife and I seven good years before we had the baby.
But as a Muslim, I have resigned to fate, because there is nothing I can do that will bring her to life.”